Friday, April 29, 2011

Enough is Enough

Cardigan: Gap
Kitty dress: Nasty Gal
Locket: won from Modcloth
Tights: c/o We Love Colors
Clogs: Target
Crocheted shrug thing: thrifted
Blouse: Gap
Shorts: UO
Tights: c/o We Love Colors
Sandals: Bronx

Hiya! I hope the end of your week finds you alive and warm and happy! Guess what? I have decided to discontinue posting my outfits on social fashion networking sites like Chictopia and Weardrobe. Dun dun duuuunnnnn!!! I'm doing this for two reasons:

1) I want creative control over my photos. Well, as much control I can possibly get by posting my pictures on the internet. A few of my bloggy friends have had negative experiences in regards to pictures being used without permission, and I'd like to avoid that. I want to keep my photos linked back to Coffee & a Cardigan. Bloggers with integrity always link back, so why don't these style networks?

2) Relationships between the users tend to be fleeting and silly. For example, one user (using a Jonas Bros. moniker, oh no she didn't) comments on every single photo I post. Her comments have never varied from "cute!!!" No exaggeration. That said, I greatly appreciate the sweet and thoughtful comments a few women (and one really stylish & handsome man) leave me... I'll miss those people, and I hope they'll follow me back here. I want to foster friendships and inspiration, not gain ridiculous 'points' that don't mean a thing.

Now I'll have more time to comment on your blogs and keep this thing we have going. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants and raves welcome! Please alert me to any typos. (Seriously.) Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails